Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Been a while

Got kinda crazy in Boulder...got some outstanding memories and some blurry memories from my first year of college now...Anyway I'm back in Alabama and all that's come to a screetching hault until I go back.

I fell in love with someone at Naropa who broke my heart (not going to go into details right now). Hardly a new experience for me, but it still hurts like hell.

I know you don't know what to say
I guess my love just took your certainty away
and left you scared
and left us alone
why couldn't you just wrap your arms around me
and I would've walked you home

Like a sparrow or a hoodlum's son
I'll keep singing long after your gone
this song of you
that left me bare-bones
oh you could've just wrapped yourself around me
and I would've walked you home

Tell me, do you think the angels laughed
on that night you turned down everything I had
oh but hearts beat on
even when they're cold
don't it hurt so much when all the while we know
I could've walked you home
I was ready to walk you home

I wonder if you realize someday
that someone is gonna take your place
someone strong enough
to just let go
and lie next to me under the tall pines
in the place we call our home

1 comment:

Dani said...

Love the prose. I hate that you are filled with sadness from heartbreak, but it paved the way for something beautiful :]