Saturday, December 5, 2009

"Let me Go"

Maybe it's just that we've been weary too long
talked to the wrong people or I didn't play the right song
or maybe it was my answer that made last night so wrong
you always needed so much of me, but honey I ain't that strong

well ya opened up your window and the light hit the ground
you thought I could be rescued but I had too much outta town
I ran into some tin angel and she wanted to show me around
why do you waste so much time, girl, waitin on me to be found?

don't stand on the shadowy street where ya just won't fit
or inside the shaman's alleyway where the ghosts won't quit
go back to where you came there's no shame in learning to forget
that we once had a sweet love but I couldn't find any use for it

so ignore those black crows, honey, down at the line I crossed
don't worry about sympathy babe it comes at so high a cost
haven't you had enough of lonely mornings filled with frost?
this time you really don't need another reason to just let me stay lost

No comments: