Thursday, February 12, 2009

short, sweet

"Colorado (Letter to Dad)"

See summer's coming on
I can feel it's fresh green
I'm gonna go change my name
and find another scene

Colorado will you take me in?
I need something to lean on

Although I was born here
it won't let me breathe
now I don't have a home
and I'm sick of the heat

Colorado will you take me in?
I need something to lean on

Daddy, I have to say goodbye
don't you worry about me
I know you want me to stay
but I just gotta be free

Colorado please take me in
I need something
to dream on

sounds better with music, me on guitar and someone else singing....someone who can actually sing, Lord knows I can't.

1 comment:

Jody said...

since I've been to Colorado, hope to go back to Colorado this summer, and one day hope to live in Colorado, this one really speaks to me.